Welcome to Open Yahtzee
Open Yahtzee is an open-source (free) version of the classic dice game Yahtzee. Open Yahtzee is built to be OS portable, that means you can run it on many kinds of different operating systems and platforms. The portability is mainly achieved via wxWidgets which also gives Open Yahtzee a native look on each platform. Open Yahtzee is being developed by Guy Rutenberg.
You can download Open Yahtzee for Windows, Linux and the source code in the Download page. There is also a portable version available which doesn't require installation.
Screenshots of Open Yahtzee (on Windows and Linux) can be found in the Screenshots page.
18 October 2014
05 November 2012
Open Yahtzee moved to the new SourceForge project interface. As a result the git repository URL has changed, and bug tracking is back in SourceForge.
24 February 2012
Open Yahtzee 1.9.1 has been released. You can get the new version from the Download page. This new version is a bugfix release which is relevant to some Linux users. The new version is available as source tarball and binary debs.
30 April 2009
Open Yahtzee 1.9 Portable Edition has been released. This is a version of the regular game that doesn't require installation and hence can be used on things like usb stick. You can get the new version from the Download page. The new version contains all the improvements of the Open Yahtzee 1.9, and a much reduced size, just 620KB!.
20 April 2009
Open Yahtzee 1.9 has been released. You can get the new version from the Download page. The new version contains some UI tweaks and improvements that will enhance the game-play. In the inside the code has been re-factored in order to be smaller and more efficient.
7 December 2008
Open Yahtzee has reached a new download milestone: 60,000 downloads.
28 August 2008
The new Open Yahtzee website has been launched. I hope it will make it easier to find the information you seek about Open Yahtzee.
04 February 2008
20 November 2007
Open Yahtzee 1.8 PE was released today. You can the full release announcement here.
11 August 2007
Open Yahtzee 1.8 was released today. You can read more about the release and the new features in: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=724736
- OS portable
- Full-featured yahtzee implementation
- Customized high score list
- User-friendly interface
- InfiniteTTT - Another game by me, which is a variation of tic-tac-toe played on an unbounded (infinite) board.
- http://www.guyrutenberg.com - My blog.
Development is Supported by
- You can visit Carbon Poker that offers the best online poker experience for USA players
- Luckity is a popular site for online bingo games by Churchill Downs.
- If you are looking for baby games, then I prefer visiting baby hazel games You will enjoy the amount of baby hazel games available to you. - Join Baby Hazel on all of her adventures from working out sibling issues to throwing the best parties around! Baby Hazel games are fun for the whole family and teach you how to care for a baby.
- Would you like to support the development of Open Yahtzee? Contact me for details.